View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Default e94 colors - Part II

Posted By: Brian McQueen

My thoughts on the orange e94s is that they were all a part of the same 30-card sheet originally which for some reason didn't get a red color pass. I would compare these to the t210s that you see out there with the bright orange borders. Evidence that supports that they all are likely part of the same sheet includes the fact that the majority of oranges that have turned up are in high grade with the exception of one or two. I would have loved to have had that e94 Crawford from the Mastro auction but I think Leon wanted it a tad bit more than I.

I do still have this e94 greyback or "silverback" below. Like the oranges, this was probably part of an entire sheet which somehow missed a blue color pass or something like that. You'll notice that the Doolan did receive a color pass for his jersey as well as the normal flesh color for the face so this wouldn't be an isolated proof or printers scrap example. For some reason though, only one silverback has turned up whereas we've located 15-16 of the oranges at least. To the extent of my knowledge, I am not aware of instances were cards were printed individually as opposed to being produced in sheets so you'd have to think that others survived and are out there somewhere. If anyone else has a scan of one, I'd love to see it!