View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Default PSA Inconsistency and others

Posted By: ChuckMontoya

I was just checking out some cards on Ebay and came across some nice cards in PCG slabs. I went to their website and was somewhat impressed with what they say. They claim that if there is a real problem with a card they've graded that with a receipt of the price paid, that they will buy it back at that price. They claim to be around since 1996.Has anyone here any experience with this company?

I know that the Big 2 are prefered but does that mean that all others are less than? Or is the grading business more about who you know? Is the card in this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190218490056&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

not graded proper?

If PCG stands by their word then what is the risk? I sometimes wonder if maybe buying cards in lesser known slabs may be profitable. I am about to start collecting again after a lengthy hiatus and am somewhat leary of the hobby on Ebay or online for the most part. I do believe that I'll be doing some buying on the B/S/T here. At least I've got years of lurking and a much better feeling here than anywhere else. I must say that Anonymous posters that come on with stories such as the one above make me suspicious of the posters motives.Why be anonymous with such claims? JMTC.

Thanks for letting me pontificate

Chuck