View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Default How does PSA's grading buy-back guarantee work?

Posted By: Kyle

I don't mean to come to the defense of PSA, I'm a customer of all graders: PSA, SGC, I even use BVG/BGS about once a year.

There's a lot of people out there who have absolutely no patience with the graders. But in the end, specials don't have guaranteed turnaround times, but typically in the end you paying less and it may take a little longer ($12 for approx 10 day - takes 12 days) or you pay less and its a shorter waiting period ($12 for 12 days when you could pay $15 for 10 days, or how about the 5 day $15 specials I've seen). Its a special, they're in demand, they generate incoming submissions, a lot of people wait for them, stock up collections and wait just for the specials.

Also, I've read countless posts on the other forum where members admit they don't follow the rules PSA strictly requests: order and line labels on each card's cardsaver, labels on the package indicating the service level when you mail them in, etc. If you send in a card for their 2 day service, and don't mark it, the box is going to end up with the others that are unmarked. It's a fairly simple process.

I'm happy with PSA and SGC. I've been frustrated with PSA and SGC. We know PSA makes mistakes, we know SGC makes mistakes. But if you communicate the problem efficiently, correctly and refrain from hostility towards the customer service reps - who have no input in the grades you get period, everything will work out. And since no one else out there does a better job between the two, and we all know that anything pre-war graded by other companies isn't going to cut it in the market, there are no alternatives.

Time for a beer.