View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Default Chicago People - The National - and the Cubs?

Posted By: Pat Nester

One possible way to obtain tickets other then scalping is to check the website the night before the game or the morning of the game. The Cubs always hold back a block of tickets that they reserve for the visiting team (player's wives and employees), Cubs employees, Cub's wives and families, VIP requests they may receive, etc. These tickets are typically great seats. To the extent that these tickets have not been requested by any of the parties I previously mentioned, the Cub's many times will sell them the day before the game or the morning of the game on their website or at the box office. They will not be available on the website or at the box office until that time. Therefore the game may appear on their website as "sold out" all week and if you check the morning of the game suddenly tickets are available. Additionally, you may show up at the box office and no tickets are available at 9:00 a.m. but suddently at 10:00 a.m. great seats are available. The only downside to this method is that it does not allow much planning time or you may make the trip all the way to wrigley field and not get tickets. Although I have used this method many times, there is no guarantee that tickets will be "released". I live 5 blocks west of wrigely field so it is a convienent method for me. If I hang out at the box office in the morning and can't get tickets it only takes me 10 minutes to walk home or if I get tickets online an hour before the game starts, I can get there in plenty of time. However, if you are staying out in Rosemont and get tickets an hour before the game starts, it would be tough to get there in time. However if you get tickets at 10:00 a.m. and the game starts at 1:20 p.m. you will be fine.

For anyone who knows they will be in the neighborhood, I would be happy to provide a one day parking pass to the first 10 people that contact me which will allow you to park in the neighborhood a few blocks away from the park on the street versus paying $30 for parking.