View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Default Chicago People - The National - and the Cubs?

Posted By: Sean BH

Usually the games are sold out, but I always have pretty good luck hitting up the scalpers (getting 2 is easy, 4 can be a bit tougher), I have always scored lower deck reserved tickets for around $20 each (I come in from Minneapolis to visit my friends in Chicago).

Here is how I work it:
Goose Island Brew Pub is down the street. Enter the establishment 2 hours before game and enjoy 2 or 3 beers (leave with about 30 minutes till the game starts). Pay your bill, ready your pockets with cash (20's in your front right pocket, 10's in your left and 5's in the back) and exit the establishment.

To the right you will see Wrigley field and a bunch of guys selling tickets, the first guy is going to be the highest price he will want $40 bucks + each...this is where your acting classes will finally pay for themselves. If he has a bunch of tickets you will be able to offer less since he has to sell a lot of tickets in 30 minutes. Usually I will cut the asking price in half; he will probably laugh at you, but thank him and just walk away. He will chase you down and counteroffer before you get to the next guy...tell him, “sorry man, I only have $20 for each ticket,” and he with take the offer or you start over with a new scalper. A little patience and little liquid encouragement is all it takes.

With the National and trying to get 4 or more tickets together will raise prices a bit, but I'm not too picky with where I sit so I might have better results. I’m probably not going to be attending the National, but if I do I will go to a game on Friday or Saturday.

Sean BH