View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Default PSA vs. SCG -- Discount Valuation

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I have no dog in this fight as I really couldn't care less...put me in the Frank Wakefield/Dan McKee card grading sucks boat, but I have to say that PSA offered a new service - half grade bumps - that's all you're paying for and that's all they are offering with this service. Why should PSA go beyond that with this service? If they stand behind their product then there is no reason to look for alterations if they have already in the past deemed the card to be unaltered and gave it a grade. Quite simply they are looking at cards that were not good enough to be bumped to an 9, but they could be better than the 8 they were originally given because at the time they didn't have half-grades. Of course this was a transparent means for them to fleece the registry folks and knowing the competitive nature of their customers they knew it would work and it has. It's nothing more than that....PSA will NOT and probably should NOT answer Corey's questions from a business standpoint they have nothing to gain.