View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Default Annoucement of a new Auction Company

Posted By: leon

First of all we aren't ebay. We won't have blatant shill bidding, reprints and fakes, etc...... Secondly on ebay you know there is a reserve from day one which we believe lowers initial bidder activity....I agree with you on lower bids, on ebay, as when I see a reserve I don't bid too often. I don't know what the reserve is and I don't like shooting at an unknown. Everyone will know our reserves. We hope there won't be ANY reserves in our auctions but we also want a consignor to be able to protect themselves if they wish too. If we have a 10k lot and start it out at 8k (as the reserve) then no one might want to jump in. The auction mentality is that if there are no bids then sometimes no one wants to be first...but if there is someone bidding under you then you feel a little better that someone is bidding and the market is setting the price. We know this isn't a perfect system but we think it will be the best we know how to do. We are also very open to discussions on the topic.....regards