View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Default Mr. Burns' Ringers

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

Scott,

I have never watched Arrested Development , but perhaps I'll give it a shot. I find that Portia Del Rossi very annoying--likely my main reason for staying away. When I am in Canada, I have seen that CBC airs reruns nationwide on weekdays. I'll take you up on the recommendation.

A show that always did it for me was Northern Exposure . Kind of along the same lines of what you describe, although it sounds like it may be to a lesser degree of obscurity (although the references did get really vague at times). Perhaps best described as a gene splice of Arrested Development mixed with Six Feet Under and a touch of David Lynch. I have been to the town of Roslyn, Washington, where much of NE was filmed, on several occasions, and had more than a few at the REAL Brick. There's nothing quite as odd as walking down the street of your favorite TV show.

Man, we are getting a lot of activity on this non-hobby-related thread! It's nice to be able to unwind with a thread that offers little-to-no threat of stubborn argumentation. We should do this more often. It gives this forum a pleasant breather that is much needed at times. There's more to life (and to us) than our passion for baseball!