View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Default OT- Clemens/McNamee Testify

Posted By: Corey R. Shanus

Steroid use sure is a big deal to me, one that does warrant Congressional oversight. Professional atheletes serve as role models to our youth. How would you feel if you had a son whose justification for taking the stuff was that all these star ballplayers are on it and they look to be in perfect health. Then after you insist he go off it you find a few weeks later he committed suicide because of the sudden drop in hormonal level? Or suppose instead of killing himself, he drops dead of a heart attack when he's 35, an attack nobody can say wasn't brought on by his earlier steriod use? Or suppose instead of a heart attack he develops cancer? That picture paints the tragedy of what PEDs have brought on. And to me this is one area of drug abuse where the users (professional athletes) are as bad as the pushers because it is the USERS who are inducing our youth to use it. So all these arguments that we are wasting Congress's time going after the ballplayers-users I believe are wrong. We should go after them and nail them to the cross if found guilty, not because of tainting hollowed baseball records, but because of causing young Americans to die.