View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Default Ever Wondered What A Colgan's Chip Looked Like?

Posted By: Fred C

I found a Colgans tin at an antique shop many years ago. I bought it because it would make a nice companion piece to the Colgans rounds I had. When I opened the tin there was gum and a card in it.

That gum from 1958 looks a bit stale. Here's a fun story. I found a pile of cards in my son's room a few years ago. I was kind of happy because I thought he may be starting an interest in cards. I asked him where he got the cards and he told me the garage. I figured he pulled them from one of the 5K count boxes of cards I had. I found more cards in his room a few days later and I again asked where he got them. Again the reply was the garage. At that time I told him that I'd be more than happy to give him some "other" cards because those were a few years old and they're in numerical order in the big boxes. He then said he didn't get them from the big box, he got them from a smaller box and the gum didn't taste very good. He was pulling packs from a 20+ year old wax box. I guess the gum was a little stale.