View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Edward Auctions Will Sell Beckett's T206 Wagner

Posted By: cmoking

"Remember that Pre-War collectors used to complain that Beckett Vintage graded too hard. So there is no history or past evidence of Beckett having a predilection to overgrading Pre-War cards. In fact, it is quite the opposite."

My personal experience is that they've graded cards that both SGC/PSA have deemed as trimmed. Of course that doesn't mean this Wagner is, I'm not implying that. Just saying there is history and past evidence of Beckett having a predilection to grading trimmed Pre-War cards, at least per SGC's and PSA's opinion. Again, I agree its a small chance that something is wrong. But there is also a small chance that I might have an accident and die tomorrow, yet I still have life insurance for my family.

Another question:
How much would it take to cross the card to SGC or PSA? Are you guys saying that the cost of crossing it before auctioning it isn't worth it? If that's the case, was it worth the price of grading it with Beckett to begin with? Why not just sell it raw? So the grading fees charged by Beckett was a waste of money?