View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Default Can we say something positive about PSA or is it always terrible?

Posted By: Joann

I sent 6 cards in to PSA for grading - using my vouchers for joining. Never sent anything to PSA before. They accidentally damaged one of my M101-5's - in the sealing process I think. I'm a factory rat for many years, so I certainly understand how this can happen. The card would have graded a 6 before damage, and graded a 4 afterwards.

They offered me three options:

Return the card to me in a 4 holder, plus cash in the amount of the SMR difference between a 4 and a 6.

Buy the card outright at SMR for a 6.

Give me vouchers for free grading for 2x the value.

The vouchers would be worth about $90, and he said he'd give me $100 worth. I left a voice mail saying I'd take one of the Super Express ($50) and three of the Regular ($45 total) and call it good at $95. I got a return voice mail saying they'd make it the Super Express plus four regulars, for $110.

No way I would have gotten $110 out of that card, and I was more than willing to be square at $95.

I thought that was excellent customer service, and really appreciated not only being given options, but that they bumped it up higher than their policy for vouchers, and then higher than I would have taken.

So I was impressed. I still like SGC holders better, but I thought PSA really did a good job managing that situation. It's not like I'm a big customer, and the cards were low-cost commons.

Joann