View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Default question concerning PSA bump ups for board member

Posted By: 1880nonsports

I would say that's a pretty unfair characterization of Jim's collecting. I don't know him but have read many of his posts and musings on this board - some even without agenda where he has shared some of his passion about his cards.....
Only Jim can or should express how he feels or his motivations unless you are married to him. You can infer things for yourself - keeping in mind they are tainted by your personal outlook or philosophy. The graded card collector (or any kind of collector for that matter) I would think to be no more or less passionate than the next guy. I would agree that the registry alters the quest for some - as like finishing a set for the "completest" - the goal might be accumulating the highest graded set known - which suggests that certain cards residing in high holders become more than just the card. Why point to Jim in specific? Has he told you or expressed on the board such a viewpoint?
BTW - pretty sure I couldn't tell the difference between a real "8" - an "8 1/2" or a "9". I DO know that if I was trying to buy one - the dealer would be saying it's better than the grade - and I'd likely come down on the other side. Just my nickle er ah um quarter?