View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Default policy on auctions in progress?

Posted By: Eric Brehm

I am having a great deal of trouble following these last bits, I'm not sure why. But I'm glad this conversation is continuing. It is an interesting discussion, that I don't think should be taken off-line; there does need to be a consensus and a policy on this so posters will know what they should or should not do.

Regarding mis-categorized items: it occurred to me that the sentiment among board regulars for not outing these auctions may be based on a desire not so much to protect the lucky bastards who 'find' these items, but to prevent this board from being used as a public clearinghouse for identifying items that everyone can go pounce on to try to get a good deal, since a large fraction of the collecting public probably won't see them. ("Hey, here's a hot opportunity, this moron listed his T206 cards in the antiques section.") If the latter is the case, i.e. if posting such information about buying opportunities is seen as counter to the central purpose and the spirit of the forum, I think that does make some sense.