View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Default What would you as an ebay seller do?

Posted By: Joann

Usually if I accidentally list right before a dump day, I take auctions down immediately if they have no bidders. If there is a bidder - even for a dollar - I haven't taken them down in the past. But I've thought about it.

With zero bidders it's a no-brainer to me to take the auction down. With more than one bidder it's pretty easy to leave them up. But with one bidder I do have to think about it (although I've always left them up).

It would be solved if ebay gave more notice of dump days so that a person with a few individual cards would know not to list until it's over. Although a lot of people do regular searches, I think even more people keep up by daily browsing. On dump days I think you lose the window shoppers (lots of us, by the way).

But in my case it's always been common tobacco and caramel cards - nothing fancy that would catch anyone's attention.

I'd consider taking them down unless the current bidders and bidding history suggests that they already have the attention they need. If not, I wouldn't rely on them getting a whole lot of additional notice during dump days.

And I know you were asking a genuine question, and not trying to advertise. We've definitely all wrestled with the list-during-dump-days dilemma here before.

J