View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Default The Skydash Collection ... the aftermath

Posted By: skydash55

Well...where to start...
I as well was a bit disappointed with Thorpe's performance. I really thought it would fetch more. That being said,I also agree with several posters on this thread that mentioned other tangibles affecting the price(slumping economic outlook,limited tin top collector market,and not quite the "Aura" associated with Thorpe as with....say a Jackson). I am grateful to all of you who bid on these great cards. Not for myself,but for the actual owner.I(skydash)am related to the individual to whom this collection actually belongs. The individual who owns this collection is quite elderly and is in need of long term care(thus the decision to sell the cards was made...by them). They asked if I would act on their behalf to research the collection for eventual sale.That is when you saw my first post back in August.Whatever this collection brings,100% will be used in their future care.That was and is my only priority regarding these cards.
Now...what was just offered in this past auction was a very small part of this collection,as you will see. I appreciate again,all the help the members on this board have provided me.As mentioned above,this has nothing to do with me,and I know all you guys and girls out there with elderly relatives can appreciate my position.I am looking forward to the future auctions,and I think you all will be quite happy with what turns up. Skydash