View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Default Leland's Offering Grading Company Sonic Welder??

Posted By: scgaynor

I don't own this piece, but the person that did the encapsulating the short time that I was grading cards does own it. I really wish that I had the time to expand on that venture as I think that it was a good idea and I was happy with the results. It was just too time consuming. I was not trying to start my own grading company or anything, it was just a way to advertise. It would be a good item for an autograph dealer that wants to encapsulate cuts or signed cards. The flip would be the dealers COA much the same that it is for JSA or PSA.

As for the potential dangers of this piece getting into the wrong hands, I don't think that you have to be in an exclusive club to buy one from whoever makes it. It is just a piece of industrial equipment that anybody can buy.

The custom cases that are included are nothing like those used by SGC or PSA (or any other company). I don't know if it can be used to take other cases apart, but even if it could, the seals would be broken and it would be obvious if somebody tried to put it back together.

Scott