Thread: authentic grade
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Default authentic grade

Posted By: David R

I actually would much rather have a nice looking "authentic" grade (maybe trimmed a little or missing some paper on the back that doesn't detract from the eye appeal) than a 1 or 2 or 3 that looks poor or has creases. One of my favorite cards -- a T205 Addie Joss -- is in an SGC authentic holder.

Another reason I like the authentic grade a lot more than an SGC 10 is that I find it hard to get real excited looking at a card that has a big "POOR" label slapped on it. The "authentic" label is less distracting to me and I seem to enjoy looking at my "authentic" cards a lot more.

For this same reason, I would rather not have "trimmed" or "colored" marked on the "authentic" slab. If they wanted to make that information available, they could put it on the website and someone could look it up by typing in the cert number.

It's like your date having "fat" or "dumb" or "ugly" tatooed on her forehead. It takes away a little bit of the joy of looking at her, and makes it a whole lot harder to delude yourself into thinking she's a real beauty.