View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Default Anyone attend this weekend's PCL show?

Posted By: Chris Counts

Patrick,

I went to the San Leandro show Saturday and had great time. I didn't realize the show had such a PCL focus, but that explains why there was so much wonderful PCL stuff there. I've never seen more Remars, Mother's Cookies and Signal Oil cards in my life. It's a good thing I collect them. It was the first time I attended this particular show, which I've heard other collectors rave about. I'm really glad I went because I was getting a little cynical about the local Tri-Star shows, which seem to me somewhat impersonal with so much emphasis on grading companies, auction houses and shiny autographed stuff. The San Leandro show is much smaller, but everybody is really friendly, and I had a great time meeting guys like Mark MacRae (an incredible wealth of knowledge), who apparently organizes the show. Kevin from Stevens Creek cards and Sal of Amazing Adventures were there as well with their usual assortment of impressive stuff. I also enjoyed meeting our very own Peter Chao, whose enthusiasm for cards is just as apparent in person as it is on this forum. Just about everybody seemed more than willing to bargain, and a surprising number of dealers were willing to trade as well. I'm looking forward to the next show!