Thread: Ebay Auction
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay Auction

Posted By: Joann

Is there a generic answer or process to follow in these cases? In general, who is responsible for pursuing an insured loss through USPS - the buyer or the seller? Does USPS have a policy on this matter - such as the person who purchased the insurance (the seller/sender) has to be the one to submit and pursue a claim? Or do they say the recipient who is claiming failed or damaged delivery has to pursue it?

I had this happen years ago - maybe even pre-2000. I bought a Jennings T3 insured and it arrived damaged - and pretty clearly damaged by USPS transit. The seller basically forwarded the insurance info to me and said 'here ya go'. He said I had to pursue it.

I just didn't have time right then and let it go. I was so disgusted that I didn't even look at the card for more than 5 years - it sat in the bottom of a cupboard in the dining room buried by bowls and platters. I felt like I'd been had but didn't understand the system and didn't have time to figure it out.

Is there a policy or even a general practice that governs who pursues insurance losses (USPS only) and who gets the reimbursement check?

Joann