View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Default M101-5 Ruth (Closed Ebay Auction)

Posted By: quan

usually i brush off these noob questions (smiley) but i like you so here's my system for identifying (not so obvious) reprints/counterfeits and an *** if it applies to this ruth auction.

1. take him for his words when he says it's a reprint***
(...my great grandpa got this card direKly from a paidmont pack and he died of lung cancer in 1939 but i wAsn't there wit him so cant garantee its authenticity...GOD BLESS AMIRKA SUPPORT OUR TROOPS IN IRAQ)

2. when he has a history of selling cheap graded cards but not this 15k card if real***

3. again...trust him when he says it's not authentic*****************************
one more example (...i've had this card looked by 18 different dealers and they told me it's real but i'm not sure so there will be no return)

I guarantee you will eliminate 90% of the fake crap out there if you just follow those 3 rules. If card passes those 3, then u gotta know the particular issues like front font ot a t206, the whiteonwhite of a cracker jack, that n300 mayo have black backs...or why this ruth have a white back like my 1989 score card right out of the pack while the front is so toned!