View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Default Barroid, er, Barry Bonds indicted

Posted By: Ed Ivey

I love how the media is fed maximum sentences, run consecutively, to exacerbate headlines.

Sentencing is based on a balance of aggravating vs. mitigating circumstances.

Whether you like Baroid or not - I find his demeanor repulsive - the whole underlying issue - lying about alleged cheating in a game, pales in comparison to aggravating factors that imprison hardcore criminals. Mitigation wins here, folks.

Prosecutors are politicians. Politicians love favorable media. They relish the opportunity to personify pillars of moral excellence. This is show business, regardless of guilt or innocence.

I predict a plea with zero jail time, and may the radio personalities shut their traps about "facing 30 years" or whatever. Understand, I am far from a fan of Barry Bonds. I think he squandered incredible talent on a maniacal ego (allegedly). He was a hall of famer in my book, until jealousy of "won't talk about the past" Mcguire and "is that a cork in my bat?" Sosa got the best of him.

I despise perjury. But I equally despise decisions only to prosecute if it grabs headlines. Paula Jones? Cigars? Stains on dresses?