View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Default O/T A-Rod $350M Contract...R U Kidding Me?

Posted By: Paul

I know I'm naive, but I just don't understand A-Rod's values. Once you have already made $200M, shouldn't you pick your team based on factors other than the highest financial offer? Factors like, which team has players or a manager that you get along with, which team is likely to win, which city you like the best, etc. I'm not suggesting that he should pick his favorite city and then play for the major league minimum. But once you already have $200M, and you're going to sign another contract for at least $200M, what's the point in holding out for even more money and playing with a bunch of losers or backstabbers?

And I agree with Barry's suggestion that A Rod and his agent have made a financial mistake. I suppose there is a chance he can make more money elsewhere, but not a hell of a lot more. And he is taking a huge risk, I think, that no one other than the Yankees will be willing to guarantee his contract for a great number of years. When you add in the fact that some people will now root against him in his quest to overtake Barry Bonds because they actually like Bonds better, I just don't get it.