View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Default Boston Show Update

Posted By: Scott S

The show was as crowded as I've seen it there in many years. I was there on Saturday, which was coupled with a downpour outside and several Red Sox players (including Papelbon) signing autographs, so it brought TONS of people in to the show. Unfortunately it seemed like there were more tables set up to sell T-shirts and hats, and less of the quality vintage I've come to find at the Shriners show. (I actually felt bad for Duke Snider, sitting at the autograph table by himself, as crowds swarmed Bobby Kielty and Clay Buchholz.) I've made some great pickups at this show in the past, but no such luck this past weekend.

PSA and SGC were on-hand (no grading onsite by SGC, just PSA), and Jim Spence was there for autograph authentication.

No big pickups for me, as the few things I saw were all way overpriced. There was a good deal more of the "shiny" stuff there than I've seen in the past; hopefully this is not the trend, as this has always been one of my favorite shows.

I did drop off some cards at SGC, and will echo the comment about Michael Goldberg being very helpful regarding a couple of oddball issues I had to submit.