View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Default CLOSED AUCTION, NEED SOME SHARP EYES!!!

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

In all seriousness.....there is a lot of "trimming paranoia" going on nowadays on this Forum.

It bothers me to say what I just said, but it's true. Look where this PSA graded card has got us to on this thread....
a professionally graded card, no less. Haven't there been numerous prior postings discussing the need for grading ?

Anyhow believe me, BB card collections that were passed down thru generations to "little old ladies", or grandchildren
that would bring them into card shows or respond to Buy Advs. were not tampered with. I could spend hours relating
to you of such collections that I acquired (or others acquired) that would blow your mind. And, there are many other
old time hobbyist on this Forum who can run circles around me with their stories.

We didn't agonize or suspect every time we checked-out a collection if it was "trimmed". Many such "walk-ins", we are
talking about 100's of cards (stars & commons). On this board, the majority of "collector thinking" is in terms of a just
a single card. And, I certainly do understand this, with the current high cost of BB cards
I wish there was a "Time Machine" where many of you could go back to the 1970's and '80s and experience what BB
card collecting was like then.

The real paradox is....that in this GRADING environment, I'm seeing more "trimming paranoia" than ever existed prior to
the Grading phenomena.....that is mind-boggling.

TED Z