View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Default What Happened to REA???

Posted By: boxingcardman

Just a few points on the issue of the link itself:

I find the auctions links to be a helpful index for the various auction houses and use them frequently when I don't feel like typing the names. So from that standpoint, they are useful for me and for other N54 members.

My (limited) understanding of how internet search engines work is that click-throughs and cross-references to other sites do help elevate a site's rating, so it is in the best ($$) interest of a web site with advertising revenue and a large link database to leave as many pertinent links in place as it can. I think better search engine results would only help the board members by bringing in more participants. Personally,, I would love it if every vintage collector made it to this site; the more the merrier when it comes to playing with old baseball cards...

The vintage links aren't paid advertising; they don't generate $$ in and of themselves. They are a resource for the community. Ad money has nothing to do with Leon's decisionmaking on the link.

We participate in the board; Leon owns it. It is a dictatorship and Leon is the main dic. He has the right to decide what does and does not go on here. If you don't care for that fact of life, move on to another site.