View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Default Live Auction: Standard Biscuit Cobb - Shill Bidding?

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Scot,

Both are great cards. Well done. And good of you to have no displeasure with Matt.

As I posted elsewhere, I don't have that much of a problem with outing an auction outright. The auction is about the money the seller will pay, and that the buyer wants. It shouldn't be a hide and seek game. True, I'm tickled if I find something others overlook. But if I sell something I'd want all potential buyers to know of it. And if these cardprice sites are to have any validity, surely they should report what a card would sell for, and to remove that hide and seek factor.

I understand that lots of folks are against auction outings, but I think that it isn't such a bad thing. If I know some collector is after some odd seldom seen set, say maybe he has a few 1913 Cleveland Indian post cards, and is after the two he lacks... if I were to see one on eBay I'd let him know about it. That isn't so bad, it helps my collector friend and helps the seller.

Any of you guys collect 1913 Cleveland Indian post cards??? If you were missing one, would you like to know when one comes up? Oh yea!!!

While I hope that stuff I want to win on eBay goes overlooked by others, I don't mind you guys outing any auction I'm in on. And it seems to me that bidders who are against outing are against it for their own greedy reasons, where they're wanting the item for as little money as possible. I applaud Scot's response.