View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Default A Trend? Or is This the Way the Board has Become?

Posted By: leon

So I was just on the phone with Barry discussing this thread a little bit. I reiterated my thought that it is really a bunch of "to do" about nothing. Don't get me wrong as I think it's a worthwhile topic to be discussed...I just don't see the main thrust of this thread as being a big issue. On this front page we counted 1-2 off topics that were far off ie.. not about baseball. We counted 1-2 about current baseball which is really only slightly off topic. I just don't see the point about "all of these off topics"....unless they are imaginary? I will step in if there are too many going on, as I often do. As far as knowledge on the board....Look down the list of folks starting threads and the folks participating in them. I am very proud of Net54 the way it is today and the folks participating. Has it changed somewhat? Sure it has, but so has the hobby, and so have many folks that used to be in it, who have gotten out for whatever reason they had........Thanks to everyone for STILL making this a great place to talk about Pre-War Baseball cards. One last thing about advertisers....There is no one, or collective set, of advertisers that will ever sway my/our decisions on how to run the board...I can safely promise that. Historically that is a fact too. I don't need the money it brings in but it's still nice to have for a card budget... .....best regards