View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Default The Trader Speaks

Posted By: JimCrandell

By far this is my most memorable trade and as far as I know the biggest money value trade ever(over $100,000 from each side) for graded sportscards.

Don Louchios has the finest T206 card collection in the world. Don approached me and said he had a near duplicate set of 1933 Goudey Sport Kings in PSA 8 and would trade me 16 of the 18 cards I needed to complete the set(including the Cobb, Ruth and Bobby Jones)for 25 T206s I had he needed.

To make a long story short after valuing all the cards in the trade Don threw in 1 52T psa 9, a few batter ups in psa 8, a 51 Berk Ross Snider and Mays in psa 8 and a number of 1958T psa 8 commons I needed.

I flew out to Beverly Hills(from NJ) to deliver the cards to him in person.

It was a tough trade to do from my perspective as I was including 5 psa 8 pop 1s, a couple psa 9 pop 1s and a psa 9 Tinker(bat off)but I loved the Sport King set and I was glad I did it.

I posted the full story on LTS. If anyone is interested in all the cards in the trade, who valued them and a lot of the background a current LTS member would probabjy post the thread.

Jim