View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Default Ever spotted a card on ebay which you believe was stolen or lost?

Posted By: Bob

At the National Convention in Cleveland I gave a lot of 10 cards to GAI to grade. Bottom line, 9 were graded the other disappeared. It was never found by GAI. I was finally (after a long wait) reimbursed for $400 for a vg+ to vgex T207 Moriarty with corner wear but no creases, a nice solid mid-grade card with a red Cycle back. I had never seen a red Cycle back Moriarty before.
Well tonight on ebay the card's twin brother sold, in an SGC holder. It may not be the same card but man they are the spitting image of each other down to the corner wear and larger top border than bottom. I have emailed the seller to ask him (very cordially) if he remembers how he acquired the card. I'm certainly not implying anything funny on his part, just frustrating...
If anyone could look at the scan and tell me if the SGC grade is an "older" one, or at least one before July 2007, I would sure appreciate it and it would make me feel better

http://cgi.ebay.com/1912-T207-CYCLE-GEORGE-MORIARTY-SGC-40-VG-RARE_W0QQitemZ200164545925QQihZ010QQcategoryZ57993 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Footnote- The card went for $600+