View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Default Non-Ebay Auction Strategy

Posted By: Al Simeone

Barry,
You hit part of the problem on the head you said "your auction is only as secure as the people who run it" I will them ask you a few questions (you dont have to answer all of them if you dont want to)
1 I have now come to the conclusion that YOU are and honest man but do you think that all houses in your opinion run it like you do?
2 How many people do you have working for you?And that help you with your auction and have knowledge about how your customers bids other than yourself.
3 If you do have workers or helpers are they allowed to bid in your auctions?
4 If the answer is yes then would you be willing to lets say highlite the auctions in your completed listings that these auctions were bid on or won by an employee of your company?
5 If a client felt in his opinion that lets say he was "shilled up" on a card in your auction would you take the card back and re auction it or would you make him honor his bid.
Im asking this just for the sake that you dont really get a chance to get a straight answer from someone who owns an auction house or auction site. But now feeling that YOU will answer my questions with an honest answer I feel this will give the "lay man" a feel for how the system works.