View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Default Dinner With Kevin Saucier

Posted By: cmoking

========
"The concept is such that if there is any doubt that a card is altered or, in some cases cannot be adequately examined, it will not get a "verified unaltered" hologram. If for any reason this is the case, an opinion based on objective findings will be given."

So the TPGs verify a card as unaltered and Kevin verifies the verification as unaltered (or not). So my question is: who verifies that Kevin is unaltered? Believe me, Kevin is a dear friend - this is a legitimate concern.
==========

IMO, in the end, the question is "who do you trust?" If you trust PSA, no problem, you can be happy and collect PSA cards. I'm sure many people trust PSA (I'm no longer part of that group), including many people with a lot more money than I do. Others trust SGC and cross many of their PSA cards to them. That can be counted as verification of the grade and alteration (or lack thereof).

Kevin's opinion is just that - his opinion. I think people are getting a bit bent out of shape. Its his opinion. You either appreciate it or you don't. I, for one, appreciate his opinion as he's found all sorts of crap on my cards that I would have never seen. That includes cards bought from every auction house (yes, inclduing Barry's).