View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 03:50 AM
Administrator

Default Dinner With Kevin Saucier

Posted By: D. C. Markel

I am quite proud to admit that I was the first person to ask to have my membership withdrawn from that Lets Talk Sportscards group, LTS (within 72 hours of its inception - LOL!). Although there were and maybe still are a few classy people on that board, the whole idea that some people are worthy to be a part of our "secret elite society" and some aren't for the pettiest reasons imaginable turned my stomach to no end. Even the invitation by the founder to join was a slap in the face. He basically told me, "If I had my way, I wouldn't have you as a member but several people like Wayne Ellis and David Vargha insisted that you should be a part of our group."

Besides the issue that "Scumbag Dealer W", "Sleezy Dealer X" and "Obnoxious Collector Y" were welcome and adored active members while "Knowledgable and High Integrity Collector Z" was shunned from membership over a petty matter, the smug arrogance, the overt hypocrisy, the juvenile tirades, the rampant profanity and the malicious, and unchecked gossip made it an easy decision to quit. In short, for those who were never asked to join, or never heard of it, you aren't missing a thing.