View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Default What's In Your Attic?

Posted By: Anonymous

but a few weeks ago I picked up roughly a third of someone's LP collection (about 200) left by the curb by someone moving out. Since it was alphabetically arranged, I managed to pick up roughly S-T and J-N. Most are in excellent playing condition and were collected by someone with decidedly southern tastes with a few exceptions (60s and 70s). There are albums by Muddy Waters, Johnny Winter, Hank Williams and Hank Williams, Jr., Steve Goodman, ZZ Top, Mad River, Porter Wagoner, Rossington Collins Band and Lynnrd Skynnrd, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Chad Mitchell Trio, Bill Harrell and the Virginians (bluegrass), Three Dog Night, lots Willie and Waylon, Delbert McClinton, Taj Mahal, Marshall Tucker Band, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, Tom Waits, The Persuasions, The Spinners, Martha and the Vandellas, Sex Pistols, Nick Lowe, Tanya Tucker, both James and Livingston Taylor, Toe Fat, Pat Travers, Link Wray, Robert Gordon, Ernest Tubb, Dolly Parton, Ethel Merman, etc.

I've been busy dubbing them onto CD-Rs,and so far I think I've burned my way through over half of them.