View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Default Pick your theme, compile your scans, and post it!

Posted By: Ed McCollum

another chance for me to share the twist my collection has taken.

Back in May, I gave up hope of ever having a complete set of t206s, but wasn't ready to give up on the t206s in general. Following some advice from the board, I decided to choose one aspect of the set and persue that. I chose cards that had the rubber stamp on the back from Howe McCormick. At the time, I had two in my collection of about 200 cards, and those had come 13 years apart. So I sold the rest of my collection and have used those funds to get 24 stamped cards in six months.

Thanks go to a lot of people who have either sold or allowed me to work out trades for cards they had in their collection (that would include Chuck, Frank, Judson, Tom and Barry). And I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has some of these cards in their collection, whether they want to sell to me (which would be my first choice) or if they just would let me know what they have. I know I've missed a Waddell, a J.J. Clark, a Willis, a Warhop and a Moran from eBay just before I started the quest. And the cards I've gotten have now come from 17 different people or businesses in 14 different states.

I don't have any idea how many cards Howe might have had, or what they might have been. And one good "major star" could wipe out the PayPal account. But right now, I have an excuse to look at every t206 on eBay and on several dealer sites, and know exactly what I'm looking for.

If public records I've found are for the right Howe McCormick, he was born in 1895, served in WWI, married soon after, had one daughter and passed away in 1976. His daughter appears never to have married and she passed away in 2005, leaving no heirs. So I'm tracking down the cards he owned and finding out how far they've scattered in the nearly 100 years since. Let me know of any you know of. Thanks.