View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 04:56 AM
Administrator

Default NO Private Emails posted on this board - rule

Posted By: Joann

Well, I have to say that I still agree with the policy of not posting personal emails. But after reading the email Lee got, supporting the policy suddenly got quite a bit harder.

It was, for me, a theoretical position to take based on sound arguments in favor of preventing abuse and misrepresentation of content, plus betraying the sender's intent of a private communication. With Lee's email it is no longer theoretical because I think the email he got is horrible and there is a real urge in me to want to see Wharton (Magna) 73 exposed to the world for what he is.

So I still support the policy, but it is a much closer call.

And to idly respond to a few of the posts above:

I too thought I knew what a pompous ass he is from his posts on the board, but it turns out I didn't. What he posts here is nothing, absolutely nothing, compared to what he sent Lee. I had no idea.

I still wonder if there is not recourse here, since he's using contact info from this board to make contact and the content of people's posts to fuel his bs, to do something to discourage this behavior. A suspension instead of a ban? I know that participation on a public forum leaves one (two?) open to uninvited emails and sometimes impolite disagreement. But if this guy is making a habit of doing it a lot, and to a lot of people, and emailing PURELY TO INSULT, NOT TO COUNTER A POINT, then maybe some response is in order.

Jim, even though you value Wharton (Magna) 73's contributions, I think you would be shocked to see what he has said to someone in an email. It may change your thinking about his overall value to this forum.

Finally, to those of you who have asked me to forward the email - I'd be happy to but I need to check with Lee first. He sent it to me and I don't know that he intended it to go past that. That he posted it on this board tells me he's not all that concerned about spreading the content, but I'll check first. If it's okay with him, I'll happily forward it.

Hmmm. Maybe I should start some kind of website where people could post his emails. Anyone happen to know if www.whartonmagna73.com is taken? Hahahahaa. Cracked myself up with that one. And pretty early in the morning too.

Joann
The proud product of our nation's public university system. Go Terps! lol

CMU 81 BS
Maryland 84 MS
WMU 94 MS
Cooley Law School - currently enrolled