View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Default E sets...what to buy..what not to buy...

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Hi Dave,

Good question. e94s are definitely hot and now might not be the best time to start this set as you'll be paying aggressive prices to bring cards from this issue into your collection. However, there is some good news. Some people may disagree with me strongly here, but I think that there are some definite E sets that are a bit "cool" right now. The e90-3 set is one of my all-time favorites and I watch this one pretty close. I think this set has really cooled off over the summer. A ton of cards were made available over the summer and now I think the supply has exceeded the demand somewhat. Mastro got things started by offering up a complete set and then a second large lot, then a couple people collecting the set gave up on it which added more cards to the market. Mastro just got done auctioning off another complete set which will add a little more to the marketplace. There are also other sets out there such as e93s, e95s and e96s that aren't exactly "cold" however they typically go for reasonable prices on Ebay which makes them popular with collectors. Good luck with whatever you select!