View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Default T-206 and SGC grading questions

Posted By: Mike (18colt)

Good afternoon.

Let's suppose that you were a collector of raw T-206 cards, and that you have decided to sell them. Suppose that in order to maximize sales, you have decided to get some/all of these cards graded by SGC.

1) Which cards in the set, regardless of condition (and aside from the Big Four), would you get graded by SGC prior to selling them?

2) Assume that this is a low-grade collection (fair/poor/authentic). Based on these condition guidelines, which cards (aside from the Big Four; based on fronts and/or backs) would you be most likely to make up the grading fees on versus selling raw?

3) Aside from same-day grading, what other benefits are there to getting these cards graded live at a show instead of mailing them to SGC (for example, the Fort Washington shows now held in Reading, the National, etc.)?

4) Just for clarification, as I've never had anything personally graded (and I'm sure others haven't either), could someone describe what the process typically entails with SGC through the mail and/or live at a show? I know their website has information on it, but firsthand accounts can shed some valuable insight on a situation.

DISCLAIMER: For the record, I have no such collection for sale at this time, nor do I know anyone with such collection for sale at this time. There have been a lot of posts lately on the main board and on the B/S/T concerning low graded T-206s.

REQUESTS: Please do not turn this post into a SGC vs. PSA argument. I know some cards sell better in PSA holders, and some don't. Additionally, please do not turn this into a "class" argument - no poking fun at low grade collections.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Mike (18colt)