Thread: 756*
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Default 756*

Posted By: David Smith

Jay,

In a nutshell, I don't know what you do for a living but if your productivity fell within certain parameters year after year, spiked (tripled) for one year and then went back to basically the same parameters as before, I think your bosses or the people who owned the company you worked for would see this and want to know what was going on.

If you were cheating (if in what you do you can cheat) then they would want to know that so they wouldn't get in trouble with the law or get sued and also so they can keep others from doing it. If you can't/didn't cheat, then they would also want to know how you increased your productivity so they can each it to others.

I used to work in the financial services market (which is strictly regulated and where you can get big fines and jail time for cheating by using insider info or doing shadow trades of wealthy investors) and if my trades or my customers trades started going thru the roof as ar as being profitable goes, without any sign as to why, I would have been investigated.

If I had cheated, then I would have lost my license, been fired and prosecuted, fined and jailed. If I didn't cheat, then I would have had to tell my superiors how I was doing this so others in the firm could copy it and make more money.

Either way, having performance which increases to the point of being an oddity or sticking out like a sore thumb is not a good thing to do if you had to cheat to accomplish it and quitting before you get caught is a REALLY good idea.

David