Thread: 756*
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Default 756*

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Well Jeff,
Although I would like to simply stand on my history and reputation for rational behavior, and not divulge the requested info, I know that a lawyer would then attempt to challenge my rationality.

And as much as I would enjoy that lawyer trapesing in each obese, sweaty floozy who I spent too much time with, and witnesses who would attest to each party incident that surprisingly resulted on a lampshade on my head, if there were any (which I vehemently deny); I will forego entertaining all of us, in favor of resolving this trivial consideration.

Specifically, although I am a proud citizen of our Country, and a supporter of our society, I do not agree with everyting which is incorporated in this system. One area of divergence is my belief that my body and particularly my mind is inviolate. As such, no Government and no Society has the right to invade me by force.

This includes mandatory drug testing, testimony, and all other forceful invasions of me. I would object if I was served a subpoena and required under threat to reveal information. And I can understand anybody else refusing to be similarly violated. In part because our Society and our Government does not mandate that violation. They simply offer the alternative punishment. And the alternative punishment was apparently chosen in this instance, totally rational behavior imo. What do you think?