Thread: Mastro and FBI
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro and FBI

Posted By: Joann

Jeff,

I completely agree with you that a reporters bias (or lack of bias) is completely irrelevant when it comes to the underlying issue of Mastro's actions wrt the Jordan jersey. It stinks to high heaven no matter what.

But I also think that there may be another way to present the facts such that they don't look so overwhelmingly negative to Mastro. I just don't know what that presentation is. I'm not even sure there is another way to present it. But I think that if O'K is biased, it will leave me thinking that there is an alternative presentation of the facts. If he's not biased, then I would take the facts as presented as being more directly aligned with reality.

Could another presentation change some of what went on? No. It may not even be sufficient to make Mastro seem clear of all of this. But it might make it look different - at least to me.

All I know is that I have had my share of people that would like to present things I've done in the worst possible light, and would hate for people to take those representations as gospel without allowing room for another point of view.

So I guess all I'm saying is that I'd really like to know if O'K has some reason to pick at Mastro. If so, I look at the facts as presented more skeptically. It doesn't mean I discount them completely, it only means I leave room for doubt as to the reality or context behind them.

As I said above, if O'K really wants to do an expose on Mastro I say have at it. It just seems odd to me that he doesn't really present this as a "Mastro problem". He presents it as a hobby problem but Mastro is always the chief villian. I guess I'm just a cynic, and wonder what's going on that hasn't been mentioned.

Joann