Thread: Mastro and FBI
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro and FBI

Posted By: Aaron M.

I also want to add this re: the issue about whether O'Keefe is "biased" or has some sort of "vendetta" against Mastro.

Who cares?

Mastro is not our "friend". Mastro is a business enterprise that seeks to make as much money off of us as they possibly can (both as bidder and consigner). Which they have every right to, if they are doing so honestly.

That's not say that Mastro is our "enemy" or that people shouldn't do business with them. I have many Mastro items in my collection and intend to add many more.

But if they are "up to something", I for one am happy that there is someone out there riding them and reporting on them. If nothing else it makes them more transparent, more accountable, and perhaps even less likely to do "shady" things (although they obviously failed miserably on that count with the Jordan short debacle). That can do nothing but benefit those of us who do business with Mastro.

And if there is something going on significant enough that it leads to formal criminal charges from the FBI, good heavens, don't we want to know that??

So whether O'Keefe is biased or not, he is doing us all a favor, and nothing whatsoever that is not in our best (or at least honest for those of us who rue Mastro being taken down because they fear it will diminish the value of their collection) interests.

I appreciate O'Keefe's work and hope he continues it despite the astonishing lack of gratitude (or at least detached tolerance) displayed by the very collecting community whose his efforts stand to benefit.