Thread: Mastro and FBI
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro and FBI

Posted By: Aaron M.

Leon, you have to be kidding me. The questions raised about that shirt on the Game used forum and on this forum (which linked to the game used forum thread) were done so well before the auction occurred (and so were the Game used forum's attempts to contact Doug Allen).

Had he done the right thing, the shirt would never have been listed because of MEARS letter. Had he done the next right thing the auction listing would have made mention of MEARS letter to at least warn potential bidders of the conflicting opinions. Had he done the next right thing he would have pulled the shirt from the auction once the issue was raised on these forums.

What Doug instead did was run the shirt in his auction, not disclose the MEARS letter, and then not pull the item from his auction.

Only after the fact (after missing three opportunities to "do the right thing" and then being confronted by the media after the auction ended) did Doug void the sale -- which at this point is simply akin to covering his ass.

I have read alot of the threads in this forum re: Mastro alleged unethical and/or fraudulent business practices and not commented (I figure if there's really something to these allegations, the FBI won't leave much doubt), but your post crossed the line from defending your friend to full-blown drinking of the Kool aid.

There is no way to reasonably spin or interpret what happened as some sort of positive for Doug and Mastro. Rather your response indicates that no matter what Mastro does or is alleged to have done and no matter what sort of evidence and charges are leveled against them, you are prepared to blindly defend them. I would expect more from you -- if not objectivity, then at least common sense.