View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Default What Esnipe Service Do You Use?

Posted By: DJ

A few weeks ago, my ebay account was comprimised while using esnipe.com. My password was reset and it was a pain in the ass to get my account up and running again. This has happened to three others I know as well. Esnipe.com now has this message on the front page:

eBay Third Party Access - July 30
(Tuesday, July 31, 2007)
Starting around 19:00 PDT on Monday, July 30th, eSnipe has observed an increasing number of eBay account failures. The problem continues to grow with more and more eBay accounts having their passwords reset by eBay. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will post updates as changes occur. PLEASE DO NOT contact our customer support at this time unless you need urgent assistance, as they are overwhelmed with the very heavy load of incoming messages. Here is all the information we know for sure at this time:
This is no longer impacting just new users, but a wide range of users with varying levels of bidding activity. It is NOT impacting all users, and actually still a small overall number of eBay accounts and bids. This password change could have been triggered by activity as early as Sunday. eBay is changing some user passwords (though very few) more than once.

What do esnipe services do you reccomend?

DJ