View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Default American Beauty Box

Posted By: mr. moses

from 1888 and post 1900 and prior to baseball card issuance - BUT they are the closest I've seen to a period box. As to the "finds" mentioned there are probably more than that nestled away in some drugstore or country store accumulations. CapTinToy on eBay has sold more than a carton's worth. He said they came from a drugstore collection. These new/old stock items have an implicit problem in that one never knows the quantity found. I wrote him about the quantity - he didn't tell me the whole truth (why should he?) - he lists one every couple of months. I think it might have been a 50 pack case but.....? Would love to see the carton or box Believe there are enough people to absorb them all (assuming under 50 avail.) while maintaining a decent price level and the eventual anticipated climb. All that have been listed from this find have sold from 160.00 each to just over 300.00. I bought mine at the same price point that you did - and I got mine 2 years ago or so. Before these "finds" the small round corner tin was about the best one could hope for as a "go-with". The condition is near mint and I'm happy to have it. Keep in mind that once these finds are absorbed SOME become in high demand again.....