View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Default Don't you love Ebay sellers who pull auctions early

Posted By: Charlie Barokas

Jeff O,

With all due respect.

- eBay receives listing fees when an auction is ended early.
- I completed the transaction via paypal which is another 3% for ebay.
- I pay ebay various montly fees for the right to advertise and maintain our ebay store.
- eBay could choose to have a standing "buy it now" but as it stands after the first bid is received the "buy it now" disappears (unless you have a reserve).
- eBay is a community, they bring me many customers and I bring them customers as well. I have sold many cards over ebay to first time ebayers that received my card at a show and then immediately went to register on ebay to buy from my ebay store.

Edited to add:

I agree with what other board members have said, eBay has not done enough to protect buyers/sellers from fraud,shilling etc... They do not require enough information to start an account. The reason being they are more concerned about the quanity of the community rather than the quality. If they required a Drivers license# or Credit card number to start an account it would immediately cut down on fraud. Yet it would also cut down on revenue. Ebay tries to walk a fine line and it is up to both sellers/buyers to protect themselves from the pitfalls associated with ebay.

CB