View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Default Calling All W517 Experts...

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Hi all,

Since the last post, Brad mailed his card to me, I looked at it, and returned it to him.

The results of this inspection does not disagree with anything posted in this thread, by any poster. I have verified all statements which Brad has made, as well as those of Leon, Adam, and the observations of Mike and Dennis; as well as others.

It is my opinion that the card is real. This opinion is primarilly based upon the printing technique not being a multi-color dot matrix, complimented by the lack of indication that the card flouresces under ultra violet light.

There are caveats associated with the previous statement,and there is considerable circumstantial evidence associated with this card that tends to refute my opinion. However, the lack of a multi-color printing pattern is, in my estimation, an irrefutable indication that the card is of period manufacture.

If anyone is interested, I will provide detail of the limitations of the observations which I have made, as well as identification of resolved and unresolved red flags, which would cause a prudent collector to pass on the opportunity to acquire this card.

Gil