View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Default Set Cross-Over - Psa to Sgc - Opinions Needed.....

Posted By: BcD

done this several times with similar concerns. here is a few thoughts

1) the heavy hitters want SGC held cards now. various reasons but here is a few~

they look better
they are better quality
the grades are more consistant
they amplify the vintage look of the cards

A while back I looked at a bunch of cards "Wonkaticket" has that I also have but mine are in PSA holders. His look better,colors look better and overall eye appeal is much better given the same grades. It convinced me I would rather buy an SGC set complete and consistant any day! I think long term its a toss up because there are far more PSA registry collectors (I think it's because the site is easier to navigate and just plain looks nicer)on th e other hand given the reputation of the present SGC crew they will prevail on true vintage cards as your set is and command more money complete on the open market. Now you have also to deal with the possibility of not acquiring the same grades per each card!I flip flopped E-94 sets and lost grades on some and added on a few others.This is a tough issue to weigh out but you know how to grade by now so you should be able to tell what will happen.In any case,do not CROSS attempt.Send the cards in raw and take your chances whichever way you go.You'll do better that way.

BcD