View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Default Set Cross-Over - Psa to Sgc - Opinions Needed.....

Posted By: Tony Andrea

Hello all -
Ive been reading and following the recent post ("Is the Grading System Broken") pretty close and would like your opinions on something. I currently am only two cards short of completing the E90-1 American Caramel set, (missing only the M. Mitchell & J. Jackson). Roughly 90 cards in my set reside in Sgc holders, while the other 30 reside in Psa holders. There are some key cards from the set that sit in the Psa holders I have and the set averages in condition around vg/ex (4) as a whole.
My question to you guys is this. Would it benefit me to crossover the remaining cards over to Sgc so the set is authenticated completly by Sgc, or would you just leave them the way they are.
I will be selling the set someday and I'm not into the registry thing, so the decision would be solely for value purposes on the set when I did decide to let it go. I do prefer Sgc to Psa, but the cards don't bother me in the Psa holders they're in, and I do think one takes a chance when they start cracking key cards out of already slabbed holders. Your opinions on what you would do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Tony Andrea