View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Default '08, '41, How About the Most Significant Pre-War Card Year

Posted By: leon

I noticed a comment about me possibly loving the cards and not the sport of baseball. I have said before, and still feel the same way, that there is not a sport I love more than baseball. I still play softball very competitively and grew up playing baseball all my life...through high school. In little league we went to the Texas State All Star finals and stayed in Waco for a whole week. I played every inning of every game and had the second highest batting average in our league. Our regular season team took the championship and I pitched half of every game. I am sure other board memebers have had similar experiences and are/were better ball players..I am only giving my history to show my feelings..... I love baseball. What I don't care for is current major league pro baseball. I will watch it every now and then but probably couldn't name more than 25 players today...I just don't care because of all of the things that have happened and the whiney ass attitudes of the mulitmillionaire babies. I don't begrudge them the money at all as they deserve it. The owners certainly make their share off of them. I just don't like the strikes (which I never got over) and some of the other stuff.... My family and I still go to some local AA games and we love them. I love baseball.....best regards

ps..most significant year(s) in baseball prewar cards....1887 and 1933 imho...